Friday, January 4, 2013

Sickness Blues

picture by t0msk


Hello all! I would like to apologize for it being so long since my last post. I wish I could say something cool, like I was out on a spy mission, or on some fancy Christmas-time vacation. However, the truth is, I was sick. I have noticed that a lot of people have been cropping up sick lately, as always, and this year it got me!

It was terrible and full of coughing, sore throat, and congestion. The whole she-bang. I was secretly waiting for someone to sing me soft-kitty, but alas, it did not happen. However, I have been severely drugged up for about a week and a half and am now feeling much better.

Since my recovery, only a couple of days, I have banged out page upon page in Divided We Fall (my work in progress). I'm really happy with where the story was going and I'm really excited about the section I am writing.

I will admit, through the month of December I kept coming up with excuses, and I did have finals, but I could have been writing some of the time. I'm just happy that with the New Year will come new opportunities. One of my New Years resolutions is to write more everyday. (Yes, I know this is broad. If you have suggestions about a more specific one, comment and let me know.)

I am interested in everyone out there's New Years resolutions (writing and non-writing ones alike). So comment below and let me know! What is it about the New Year that inspires you?

I know this was a short post, but I just wanted to let everyone know I am back and I'm sorry for being gone for so long! I will be posting again within a few days, promise! Make sure you come back and read, and comment below people! I like the comments!

Keep writing!

5 comments:

  1. Hiya! Found your blog recently, and followed right away. I can't remember where I found you though, I was recently on a writer blog hunt and possibly found you through NaNoWriMo forums... Hmm. Anyway, I'm glad I found this blog!

    I like these New Year's posts a lot.
    On NaNoWriMo-forums someone's writing pledge for 2013 was to write 100 words every day of the year. That sounds like a challenge worth taking one day.

    As for myself, I didn't really make resolutions, but I did set goals for this year -- to mend my NaNoWriMo stories of 2011 and 2012 into one novel (as they are the same story, I rebelled a bit in 2012) and thus edit it further is my number one goal. Second goal is to get my worldbuilding and plotting truly going with another big story I have in mind and on some Scrivener files.

    Looking forward to more entries from a fellow writer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! Glad to see you followed! =]

      I really like the idea of writing 100 words a day! In the past two days I've written around 2,500, which isn't great but it's better than nothing. So I think I'm on the right track so far! haha

      I like your goals too! I need to finish/start editing my WIP, although the thought is daunting! My world building definitely needs work also!

      Also, I would like to say I'm very jealous that you have Scrivener! Do you have it on Mac or Windows? I really would like it but have no extra money to buy it. =/ Oh well, one day!

      Delete
    2. I purchased it only recently as a Xmas present for myself with the discount code. I got it on Windows. Works so well for me, and I'm yet to discover so much about it.

      Hopefully one day you'll be able to get it!

      Delete
  2. Happy new year! I made two resolutions. The first is simply to draw something every day, but the second is a bit more ambitious. I have these three little books I've been focusing on for the past year and a half, and I want to have them all done before NaNoWriMo rolls around again. ("Done", in this case, meaning edited enough that I feel good about trying to get them published.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my other New Year's resolutions is to edit my novel for the past NaNo. I just hope that things with school don't get in the way!

      Delete