Thursday, August 21, 2014

Bout of Books 11.0: Like This, Try this!

Hello again everyone! Today's challenge is from Bout of Books 11.0 again. The challenge today is to take a book and recommend another book that someone would like if they liked the original. I decided to pick a trilogies, as I like trilogies.

So if you like...

The Legend trilogy by Marie Lu


You will also like...

The Enclave trilogy by Ann Aguirre

My reasoning behind this:

So both of these series feature strong female protagonists, June and Deuce. Both females are fighters that are trained young and are the best at what they do. They also have very similar faults that come into play in the books (such as blindly following orders). It's interesting to see similar characters fighting against their faults in their own atmosphere. (Side note: If you've read both of these trilogies, imagine these two girls in a room together.)

The males, Day and Fade, are both swoony (and what else do we really need? ;)) and strong characters. Both of their stories show what happens to them in times of stress and how they fight against that. They each can survive on their own if they so choose, but both work well with their female counterparts are achieving their goals.

Both couples have their faults and struggles that they fight against in both trilogies. (I guess the main thing I'm trying to say in this post is, can you imagine all four of them just hanging out and being friends? Because, yes.)

I'm just rambling at this point. Just believe me when I say, if you like the Legend trilogy, you will love the Enclave trilogy. Comment below if you have comments of your own on my choices!

1 comment: